Intake of fats and carbohydrates in excess results in obesity. Lack of exercise, physical work also helps in accumulation of fat in the body. In Ayurveda this condition is called medoroga.
The fat in the body is primarily drawn from the oils, ghees, and other fatty substances consumed through food and drink. Chocolates, wafers, sweets, remember excessive fat may also impair the function of the vital organs like heart, liver, joints and the kidneys. Obesity may also cause diabetes, asthma, arthritis, high blood pressure.
Why Home Remedies for Obesity should be tried?
There are medications to treat obesity in the market. They are partially effective in addressing the issue and have unavoidable side effects. This further complicates the health status of obese people. Taking supplements and diets can decrease the metabolic prowess of the body and can result in weight gain on discontinuation of the said diet or supplements. It is for these reasons we should opt for natural ways to deal with obesity.
Taking home remedies can address obesity related issues without causing any side effects. They are effective in their job because the ingredients of these remedies do not contain any artificial chemicals. Home remedies for obesity are cost effective and easily available in the kitchen. They do not pose any threat to the natural functioning of the body. They do not require medical supervision while they are taken. The benefits of these simple home remedies are time tested too.
- Mint is very beneficial in losing weight. Have some salads, vegetables with it.
- Raw or cooked cabbage inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat. Hence, it is of great value in weight reduction.
- Spices like ginger, cinnamon, black pepper etc. are good for loosing weight. Drink ginger tea 2-3 times a day. It is also a good remedy for obesity.
- Drink a glass of boiled water daily after every meal. It will also help you in obesity natural cure.
- Have one or two tomatoes, on an empty stomach, every morning. This has been found to be effective in curing obesity.
- Consuming 10-12 fully grown curry leaves every morning, for 3 months, is found beneficial in dealing with the problem of obesity.
- In a glass of boiling water, add ginger and lemon slices. Steep for sometime and strain the water. Have this decoction when warm. Not only would it treat obesity, it would also control overeating tendency.
- Shudh Guggulu is very beneficial for curing this ailment. It helps to regulate the lipid metabolism. Take a teaspoon of guggul with ginger and honey, twice a day.
- Triphala, a herbal combination of amalaki, bibbitaki, and haritaki is good for loosing weight.
- Aloe vera juice improves digestion and cleanses the digestive tract.
Foods to Avoid:
- Avoid rice and potato, which contain a lot of carbohydrates. Among cereals wheat is good.
- Avoid high calorie foods like chocolates, ice cream, sweets, butter, heavy refined foods which have high calories.
- Avoid intake of too much salt as it may be a factor for increasing body weight.
- Avoid all kinds of milk products-cheese, butter, and non-vegetarian foods should be avoided as they are rich in fat.
- Water melon
- Bitter gourd (Karela)
- Egg white
Strictly Say NO to