How to Improve Immune System in your Kids:
Children usually get sick more than adults because as the immune system meets new microbes, the body will react and
One of the first ways that children support immunity is through vaginal birth. The birthing process allows infants to pick up good bacteria on the way out during delivery. This very important inoculation of the digestive tract sets the stage for the health of the immune system. If your child was born via c-section or has had frequent antibiotics, there immune system is not as strong as it needs to be to fight off microbes and to regulate inflammation that contributes to eczema, asthma, allergies and down the road chronic disease like heart disease, cancer, diabetes and arthritis.
Diet plays an important role in supporting immunity. A diet full of processed foods and sugar puts a child at risk for frequenty upper respiratory infections, ear infection, colds and flus. A healthy diet can transform your child’s immune system providing elevated levels of crucial vitamins and minerals.
How to Improve Immune System Naturally:
- Breastfeed your baby – 1 drop of breastmilk contains 100, 000 white blood cells!
- Offer a wide variety of organic, natural foods
- Create a non-toxic home environment
- Avoid un-necessary vaccines and anti-biotics
- Give your child lots of love and affection
- Create routines in daily life
- Eat together as a family
- Make sure your child has enough sleep
- Spend time outdoors in nature
These are some important supplements that can help improve your child’s immune fucntion:
- Probiotics / good bacteria
- Essential Fatty Acids – omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acds
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Minimize refined sugar and processed foods
Source: www.naturallyhealthykids.ca and www.macrobiotics.co.uk