Fresh Blue berries Recipe – Blueberry Fool – No fooling — this oddly named old-fashioned dessert of whipped cream and fresh blue berries very delicious. Kids will love to have this blueberry fool.
- 1 pint (2 cups) fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wash the blueberries and remove any over- or underripe ones (a good job for kids).
- Place the berries in a medium saucepan and stir in the water and sugar. Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the berries are soft and have released their juices. Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside to cool. (To speed the cooling, pour the mixture into a small bowl.)
- Meanwhile, pour the whipping cream into a medium mixing bowl and beat it with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the cooled blueberry sauce over the whipped cream and gently fold the mixture until the blueberries and the cream are well combined. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, then spoon the dessert into serving dishes. Serves 6 to 8.