Trouble sleeping? Join the club. With so many distractions and obligations, it’s hard to get a truly peaceful night’s rest. But catching up on your Zzzz’s might be easier than you think. A few simple, practical changes to your bedroom design will improve Feng Shui and create a calming sanctuary made for snoozing… Sweet dreams.
• Choose “yin” (calming) colors to ensure a peaceful sleep. Greens, blues and violets are restful to our eyes and our spirits.
• Organic bedding is a luxury that your body will thank you for. It feels great against your skin…so natural.
• Use black-out shades in your bedroom to prevent light pollution from seeping in. This will keep you in tune with your natural day-night cycle, helping to maintain balance and wellbeing.
• Bring the elements of nature indoors with a collection of sea shells, a rock garden, a potted plant or a piece of art that expresses the beauty of nature.
• It is important to be able to comfortably see the door to your bedroom from your bed. This creates a secure and calm environment.
• Remove photographs of family and friends from your bedroom and relocate them to the social rooms of your home. The bedroom is a sacred sanctuary for you, your spirit and your dreams.
• Feeling too wired to sleep? Electromagnetic fields which are emitted from electronic equipment can cause restlessness. So pull the plug on your electronics, for Zen Zzz’s.
• Light a candle or incense, smooth on your favorite body lotion or mist your bedding with the relaxing scents of lavender, sandalwood, rose, vanilla or cinnamon. Inhale and smile as you feel all your tension drift away.
• Have a cup of Chamomile or Peppermint tea, listen to a guided meditation CD, read something inspirational or write in your personal journal until your eyelids get heavy.