Dry Fruit Chikki is a healthy and nutritious snack. It is made of all dry fruits and nuts.
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (til)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced almonds (badam)
- 1/4 cup thinly pistachio slivers
- 1/3 cup grated jaggery (gur)
- 1 1/2 tsp ghee for cooking and greasing
- Heat a small kadhai, add the sesame seeds and dry roast on a medium flame for a few seconds. Remove and keep aside to cool.
- In the same kadhai, add the almonds and pistachios and roast on a medium flame for a few seconds. Remove and keep aside to cool.
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan, add the jaggery and cook on a slow flame till the jaggery melts and caramelizes, while stirring continuously (it should form a hard ball when you add a drop in cold water). Remove from the flame.
- Add the roasted sesame seeds, almonds and pistachio nuts and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture immediately on a greased thali or a smooth stone surface.
- Roll it into an even sheet using a greased rolling pin.
- When slightly cool, cut into equal pieces.
How to pack
- Wrap in an aluminium foil or cling film or pack in a tiffin box. Dry Fruit Chikki is ready to eat.