What is Acidity?
The ideal pH range for the human body is between 6.0 and 6.8 (the human body is naturally mildly acidic). For the body, values below pH 6.3 are considered on the acidic side.
Acidosis is a condition in which body chemistry becomes imbalanced and overly acidic. Symptoms associated with acidosis include frequent sighing, insomnia, water retention, recessed eyes, arthritis, migraine headaches, abnormally low blood pressure, acid or strong perspiration, dry hard stools, foul-smelling stools accompanied by a burning sensation in the anus, alternating constipation anddiarrhea, difficulty swallowing, halitosis, a burning sensation in the mouth and/or under the tongue, sensitivity of the teeth to vinegar and acidic fruits, and bumps on the tongue or the roof of the mouth.
There are two classifications of acidosis: respiratory and metabolic. Respiratory acidosis is caused by an interruption of the acid control of the body, resulting in an overabundance of acidic fluids or the depletion of alkali (base). Simply, it occurs if the lungs are unable to remove carbon dioxide. Respiratory acidosis can be a result ofasthma, bronchitis, or obstruction of the airway. It can be either mild or severe.
Metabolic acidosis occurs when chemical changes in the body disturb the body’s acid-base balance, creating an excessive amount of acid in the body fluids. Diabetes mellitus, kidney failure, the use of unusually large amounts of aspirin, and metabolic diseases are some of the conditions that can deplete the body’s alkaline base.
Other contributing factors can include liver and adrenal disorders, stomach ulcers, improper diet, malnutrition, obesity, ketosis, anger, stress, fear, anorexia, toxemia,fever, and the consumption of excessive amounts of niacin and vitamin C.
Home Remedies for Acidity and Gas Problems:
- Use elder bark, hops, and willow for acidosis.
- Externally, apply ginger compresses to the kidney area.
- Eat a diet of 50 percent raw foods. Raw foods not only maintain the correct acid/alkaline balance within the body,but they are also richer in nutrients that are easily assimilated into the body. Recommended foods include apples, avocados, bananas, bilberries, blackberries, grapefruit, grapes, lemons, pears, pineapples, strawberries, and all vegetables. Fresh fruits, especially citrus fruits and vegetables reduce acidosis. Start with small amounts of citrus fruits and gradually add larger amounts.
- Chew your food slowly, and do not overindulge. Make sure food is mixed well with saliva to form a liquid consistency before swallowing. Do not drink fluids during meals.
- Prepare cooked foods with care. Maintain clean working surfaces and wash vegetables and fruit. Keep meat and vegetables separate—you can contaminate vegetables with bacteria from raw meat. Do not overcook vegetables, as this makes them lose not only their flavor, but also their nutritional value. Eat processed foods in moderation only. They are low in nutrients and overexert the digestive system. Both cooked and processed foods tend to make the body more acid. Also avoid eating late at night, as this makes the body work more on digestion and less on restoration.
- Drink potato broth every day.
- Avoid animal protein (especially beef and pork), as they lead to acidity.
- Avoid beans, cereals, crackers, eggs, flour products, grains, oily foods, macaroni, and sugar. Plums, prunes, and cranberries do not oxidize and therefore remain acid to the body. Avoid these until the situation improves.
- Since excess vitamin C may lead to acidosis, reduce your intake of vitamin C for a few weeks. When taking vitamin C, use a non-acid-forming (buffered) variety.
- Heartburn and indigestion can be the result of food di gesting poorly. If you suffer from heartburn, taking small swallows of a teaspoon or two of natural cider vinegar in a glass of water may be of some help. It may cause a burning sensation when you swallow it, but then, in approximately twenty minutes, you should feel relief. If the cider vinegar method works, this may indicate that you lack suffficient acid in your stomach and the cider vinegar compensated for this insufficiency. In this case, consider taking digestive enzyme supplements containing hydrochloric acid (HC1). Stomach acid is important for breaking down food, and also prevents germs from irritating the intestines.
- Liquify two big sheets cabbage or cauliflower in a water cup, tipple and drink, 1/2 hour before every meal, and it will see as the acidity disappears.
- Check your urine pH daily using pH paper.
Here we have some suggestions that can take like measurements to fight the acidity:
- When he feels to the table to eat do it peacefully.
- Another meal plate does not recur although it is delightful.
- In its irritants as pepper, the frying, the vinegar, the pickles, kétchup sauce, mustard and mayonnaise, the gaseous drinks, very flavored food.
- Avoid eating between meals, dele I rest to its stomach, it should have in five at six hours in which every meal.
- Avoid the alcoholic beverages, the coffee, the black tea, and the seafood and fruits of the sea, the red meats, products that contain great sugar.
- Chew very well the food, eating peacefully and calmly.
- Do the light dinners and that are several hours before going to bed.
- Prefer the integral cereals.
- There increases the consumption of such fruits like fig, apples, avocado, soft, orange pears, and the pineapple or pineapple.
- Also it can consume the vegetables and vegetables as the potato, Brussels sprout cooked, the spinach beet, the eggplant, and completes very much cabbage and cauliflower infuriated.
For more details please visit website